As vaccinations are deployed and restrictions ease, we will monitor the situation and update our COVID-19 Safety Plan below. As of March 2021, the main hall is allowed up to 190 people, and the extra hall can accommodate 40 more.
Wellbeing of staff and attendees
- Anyone feeling unwell or suffering from any respiratory or COVID-19 symptoms should not attend, and will be entitled to a full refund. Self-refunds are available up until a month before the event, after which time they can be provided on request via [email protected]
- Staff will be provided information and training on COVID-19, including when to get tested, physical distancing, wearing masks and cleaning. Any volunteers who are unwell or required to self-isolate should not attend the event.
- If you choose not to, or cannot, attend due to illness, travel restrictions, any other reason, it is free to play our online sessions remotely, or play something in the comfort and safety of your own location, and share to social media with the event hashtag #EttinCon2021! Players and facilitators are welcome and encouraged to attend online sessions, co-ordinated through our Discord server.
- Staff and attendees are advised to comply with current distancing rules during the event.
- Attendees who don't arrive together from the same household are advised not to compromise distancing measures with other attendees.
- Venue signage will describe current distancing requirements, entry and exit doors will be marked accordingly.
- Online ticketing and cashless payment continues to be our strongest preference, so please help us by pre-purchasing or at least tapping at the door!
- We are adding personalised schedules for website members, to make it even easier for you to find your games without crowding around printed timetables.
- Staff and attendees are advised to comply with current distancing rules during the event. Facemasks are welcome and encouraged as situations require.
- Where reasonably practical, we will stagger start times and breaks for staff members to minimise the risk of close contact.
- External venue signage will describe current distancing requirements, please don't crowd up outside!
- We encourage private transport options to minimise crowding on public transport where practical.
Hygiene and cleaning
- Venue signage will promote good hand hygiene practices.
- We will ensure bathrooms are well stocked with hand soap and paper towels or hand dryers.
- We will have hand sanitiser at key points around the facility, such as entry and exit points.
- We will clean cutlery and tableware with detergent and hot water, or with a commercial grade dishwasher if available.
- We will clean frequently used areas with detergent and disinfectant.
- We will maintain disinfectant solutions at an appropriate strength and use in accordance with the manufacturers’ instructions.
- We will develop strategies to address cleaning of very high-touch surfaces such as door knobs and chair arms, and have disinfectant wipes available for patrons to use.
- Staff will wash hands thoroughly with soap and water before and after cleaning.
- We will increase natural ventilation by opening windows and doors where possible, and increase mechanical ventilation where possible by optimising air conditioning or other system settings (such as by maximising the intake of outside air and reducing or avoiding recirculation of air).
- We have registered our event through nsw.gov.au
- For contract tracing, we will keep a record of the name, contact number and entry time for all staff and attendees for a period of at least 28 days.
- Online tickets record details and are scanned in upon entry, all staff and attendees must also comply with QR check-in.
- Our membership and ticketing databases are secure, we promise.
- The COVIDSafe app is also recommended.
- We will cooperate with NSW Health if contacted in relation to a positive case of COVID-19 at our event, and notify SafeWork NSW.